Callahan Supply is a family-owned business with over 20 years of concrete experience. We are a redi-mix and construction material supplier attracting customers through friendly and dependable service. We want to exceed customer satisfaction, offer great concrete at a fair price, and establish long lasting relationships.
You’re looking for a good job, and we’re looking for good people. Let’s meet!
We are currently looking for Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our team in Cadillac, MI. Pay starts at $20 to $25 per hour, based on candidate qualifications and experience.
Overtime hours may begin before or after your scheduled shift and will be discussed during the interview process.
As a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, you will:
Diagnose and participate in preventative maintenance, inspection, and repairs to all types of heavy motor equipment with a variety of gasoline and diesel engines. Responsible for preparing work orders and the requisition of parts and equipment for repair.
Environmental & Physical Demands
- Large machinery and equipment used in work areas.? Possibility of cuts, scrapes or bruises.
- Constant mental and visual alertness required to avoid potential serious injury to self and others in all work groups.
- Standing required for extended periods.
- Work requires regular repetitive arm and hand movement.
- There is a fair amount of climbing on the truck for maintenance and cleaning with water hose and brushes.
- Drivers are required to climb out of the truck many times a day, lift and handle 50-80 lbs. chutes.
- Must adhere to safety requirements and procedures and wearing of required safety equipment and clothing.
- Drivers are required to work Monday through Friday and Saturday from time to time.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Must perform diagnosis and repair in a timely manner.
- Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have a valid CDL.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Experience with diesel engines, hydraulics, brakes and electrical.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Schepers Concrete Construction – Callahan Supply, at https://www.callahansupply.com/employment.html
Contact me at 616-795-3194 or email@example.com