Support Associate III - Detroit Passport Agency
Find similar career opportunities
Support Associate III - Detroit Passport Agency
City: Detroit, Michigan, US United States
Position ID: J1021-2374
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for outgoing, experienced Support Associates to support the Detroit Passport Agency. The ideal candidates should possess excellent communication skills, have experience in working with customers in a front facing capacity and ability to work as a team in a fast paced environment. This position processes highly sensitive and confidential information. Experience with contracts and processing is preferred.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required. Must be able to lift and carry 45lbs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Support Associate Level II provides support to the Government staff by performing various clerical and repetitive manual functional with high attention to detail and accuracy. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, mail out, and metering mail
• Generate mailing labels, ensure that mail labels match the applicant identification, fill and seal envelopes with correct passport and corresponding supporting documents
• Box and archive files for storage purposes
• Receive and assemble third-party mail
• Follow a pre-set pattern for document sequencing
• Perform searching and filing functions, file and/or retrieve application packages from file cabinets
• Operate scanning equipment and biological hood HEPPA filter to open mail
• Interface with Passport applicants at Agency/Center information and will-call counters. At the Information Station, ensure appointment is scheduled; review Passport application, photograph, identification and supporting documentation for completeness prior to adjudication. Ensure the application and documents complies with passport requirements, photograph meets passport standards, and customer is provided fee information. Copy customer identification. At the will call station, distribute passports to the correct applicant, comparing customer to passport image or accepting proper documents and identification for third party pick up.
• Perform data entry.
• Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, image review, book print, quality control, mail out and metering mail.
• When operating a four-printer pod, prints passports at a rate of 50 to 65 passports per hour and reviews printed books for data accuracy and product quality.
• Review passport product against data system information for completeness and accuracy constantly applying laws, regulations and procedures pertaining to the issuance of a U.S. Passport.
• Use TDIS and determine quality and correctness of prepared Passports, maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion, ensure Passport chips are activated, and accurately scan images into DOS data systems.
• Perform searches as requested for customer applications and use troubleshooting skills in connection with information given by the TDIS inquiry screens; contact customers by phone for verification of mailing address and/or data information.
• Create routine and expedited batches in TDIS.
• Prepare Informational Request Letters (IRLs) both electronic and written.
• Prepare Final Notice letters.
• Process refund/reimbursement requests.
• Generate a credit card payment from the applicant and distributing completed batches to the cashier's office. Verify all completed transactions and run designated reports. Troubleshoot information retrieved from the computer screen and manually searching to locate applications and documents within the Passport process. Update text in appropriate TDIS screen. Update Passport application information from the computer system.
• Use a purging application for mature files.
• Participate in customer service outreach activities including, but not limited to: naturalization ceremonies, travel shows, college and university events.
• Serve as customer interface in providing Passport information to customers (general public, acceptance facilities, town clerks, law enforcement, applicants, other Government agencies, postal service, couriers, lock box vendors).
• Assist with acceptance agent training: prepare training materials, conduct "meet-and- greets," set-up training sessions, conduct office tours, etc.
• Photocopy Acceptance Agent and Congressional newsletters and coordinate folding/stuffing/sealing/mail out.
• Photocopy materials as needed and coordinate preparation of training packets for acceptance agent seminars. Assist CSM with passport acceptance facility certification and update corresponding acceptance facility databases.
• Assist CSM in maintaining and cataloging electronic records of passport acceptance facilities.
• Prepare and mail Certificates of Attendance for those acceptance agents who attend DOS training classes.
• Distribute newsletters and any other correspondence to staff.
• Prepare application for issuance of a non-receipt of a Passport and corrections of the issued Passport.
• Contact applicants to request necessary documents.
• Return applicant's personal documentation.
• Resolve undeliverable mail items by contacting the customer and appropriately document all actions taken in a SharePoint application.
• Communicate with the cashiers office and coordination with Passport Specialist assigned to special task of re-issuance of applications.
• Per the guidance of DOS Passport Specialists, generate correspondence to resolve application discrepancies, including: Return to Sender (RTS), Rewrites and Re-issues, and re-batch into the system.
• Assist with various special projects as requested by the Government.
• When required, relieve receptionist at lunch/breaks to answer administrative telephones
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• HS diploma or GED
• Three (3) years of general office experience
• Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• Good hand-eye coordination
• Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures
• Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy, such as: lifting, standing, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, opening mail, stacking, moving/stacking boxes, un-stapling, paper-clipping, book printing, sorting, filing, and reading
• Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis
• Ability to provide basic customer service skills
• Ability to transport up to 45 lbs.; on a case-by-case basis, upon request, this requirement can be waived by the Government
• Ability to effectively and politely interface with the public
• Good data entry skills
• Good filing and file retrieval skills
• Applicants selected will be subject to a CGI credit/background check and a government security investigation.
• Sign an acknowledgement of the Passport Internal Control and the Standards of Conduct/ethics, no later than the first day of performance under the contract
• Will strictly adhere to all internal controls and standards for protecting personally indefinable information (PII), as documented in the Privacy Act, ID manuals, stand operating procedures (SOPs), and other reference materials (both paper and electronic format)
• Must maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal and external security including adherence to the res