Description You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Network Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Network Manager, you'll lead a team of Network Engineers and Architects providing global data networking solutions to the organization. You will provide network support that includes Cloud, WAN, LAN, and wireless services. Your focus will be on reliability, serviceability, and scalability to enable all forms of communications within the organization.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Complete general administrative work, including work team meetings, audit reviews, vacations, and miscellaneous activities.
- Conduct performance plans/reviews of team members.
- Ensure the development of team members through coaching and professional growth to ensure peak team and individual contributions.
- Continuously improve IT support and services provided to the business to be consistent, reliable, and customer-focused.
- Contribute to the overall strategic network vision and integrate a broad range of ideas regarding network analysis, design, and engineering.
- Provide leadership in strategic projects.
- Delegate responsibilities when applicable to foster the growth and cross-train team members.
- Develop and manage effective change management processes within the team, working with change management to request applicable changes to the IT infrastructure.
- Lead the network design of Cloud solutions as well as WAN and LAN solutions.
- Participate with teams in vendor presentations and keep up-to-date on technology advancements.
- Provide strategic planning input to the IT leadership team and execute tactically.
- Take responsibility for long-term strategic planning, ensuring network capacity meets current and future network requirements and data network infrastructure components do not exceed capacity.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or related area, or equivalent experience.
- Three years of experience managing a team of professionals supporting corporate network infrastructure.
- Five years of TCP/IP network design experience in large-scale environments (over 500 nodes).
- Five years of senior level networking experience.
- Knowledge of network and telecommunication systems convergence architecture and applications.
- Experience in Cloud computing and Cloud networking fundamentals.
- Detailed design knowledge of Ethernet, wide area networking, routing, TCP/IP, voice, and wireless communications.
- The ability to lead, influence, and solve problems in a participative environment.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Zeeland