Description You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Product Configuration Senior Analyst at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Product Configuration Senior Analyst, you'll convert functional requirements for product development into a technical design concept and structure using rules within an object oriented configuration system.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Coordinate activities with related product database functions.
- Develop the technical design required to convert engineering and manufacturing requirements for product configuration into rules within an object oriented configuration system.
- Maintain and advocate configuration standards for the Configuration Team that result in accurate, timely, and easily accessible information.
- Provide business needs to corporate IT on strategies to better build and manage effective engineering and manufacturing configuration models.
- Manage large scale modeling projects.
- Support the New Product Commercialization process through various departments and product development to implement rule changes on new and existing products.
- Work with Marketing, Engineering, and Manufacturing to structure configuration models of Herman Miller product offering and related information.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in a related technical field (Computer Science or Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience as a Configuration Modeler or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in architecting, designing, coding, testing, and debugging programs.
- In-depth experience with rules-based configuration systems and logic.
- A clear understanding of engineering data and documentation requirements in an engineering and manufacturing environment.
- A working knowledge of blueprints, item masters, bill of materials, routings, and marketing databases.
- A thorough understanding of Engineering Change Order systems and manufacturing systems.
- Well-developed leadership, conceptual, analytical, and communication skills.
- Resourceful problem-solving skills.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Zeeland