Supervise employees and production to ensure quality, productivity, and safety throughout the shift.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
*Reduction in Contamination Issues
*Meets and/or exceeds Production Goals and Expectations
*Monitors Labor Costs
*Monitors Employee and Machine Efficiencies
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate and industrial fork-truck to push, pull, lift, stack and move product and materials.
- Continually monitor inventory levels against production needs and react accordingly.
- Review and Delegate Run orders, sign off when completed
- Complete Daily Supervisor Checklist
- Complete Machine cleaning checklist
- Cover for breaks and absentees
- Issue equipment and tools
- Complete Employee reviews in the specified time frame
- Verify Raw material has been pulled and end of row tags are completed
- Verify attendance and complete all necessary forms relating to attendance
- Ensure smooth operation of production department
- Ensure high quality of finished material
- Ensure safety practices are followed
- Facilitate communication with other managers, Hilo drivers, and operators
- Orientation Effectiveness checklist following Orientation with HR
- Complete Position Training Effectiveness checklist with all new hires in production department
- Completing all necessary paper work for Human Resources
o Including: HR Reporting forms, Shift Line Ups, disciplinary write ups, and Etc.
- Obtaining prior approval from the Production Manager for all overtime.
- Compile daily numbers into the production database
- On off shifts provide leadership for receiving
- Rotate coverage with other supervisors for scheduled Saturday production.
- Cover for other Shift Supervisors, as decided by production manager.
· Direction of Others: Direct supervision of Receiving Fork Lift Operators.
· Participate in the interview and selection of all internal candidates.
· Provide instruction, training, certification.
· Designate work assignments
· Review work assignments for performance
· Establish performance measurable
· Conduct performance appraisals
· Address and resolve issues both systemically and individually
Experience in high volume manufacturing environment, plastics identification, and prior supervisory experience is beneficial. Should have full working knowledge of terminology specific to the plastics industry.