Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer’s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600employees.
We are currently searching for an Engineering Intern to be based out of our Wayne, MI facility. This individual will have a unique opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the manufacturing operations, product innovation, as well as personal leadership development. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team-based environment, have strong leadership capabilities, and contribute to strategic objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support value stream action plans and countermeasures to ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met, including those related to safety, quality, delivery, cost, and productivity.
- Assist continuous improvement teams in the development and implementation of continuous improvement project plans, including helping the team to determine the objective, scope, target, timeline, budget, milestones, and allocation of resources
- Help develop standard work for all processes and positions, along with working with other teams to share best practices with respect to following & modifying standard work
- Maintain a detailed project schedule for engineering development, tooling, and product launch activities
- Fully understand customer requirements to develop suitable products for them
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Write protocols and perform validations of new/improved materials and processes
- Prepare and present report our of Internship project
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering in process; required
- Ability to work within the manufacturing methods and procedures
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent teaming and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and highly self-motivated
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills within a process, mechanical or electrical
- Strong Microsoft Office are required
- SolidWorks or related 3D design software desirable
- All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
•Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering in process; required
•Ability to work within the manufacturing methods and procedures
•Strong Microsoft Office are required
•SolidWorks or related 3D design software desirable
•All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore’s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer’s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that’s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
0 - 2 years: *Strong written & verbal communication skills*Excellent teaming and interpersonal skills*Self-starter and highly self-motivated*Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills within a process, mechanical or electrical (preferred)