This person will be responsible for all shipping and receiving functions and some production handling support. Additionally, this person will be doing receiving procedures (POX scanning and 5.13.1) to input/receive incoming components. He or she will work closely with production and be responsible for several production support functions. This position requires a CDL and will involve switcher responsibilities at the warehouse and plant locations.
- Responsible for utilizing all equipment, including forklift, and performing all tasks in a safe manner
- Create BOL's (Bill of Lading). Enter in receivers.
- Participates on cross-function teams.
- Maintains finished goods warehouse organization
- Loads and stacks shipments per traffic schedule
- Ensures accuracy of shipping request and pre-shipper records
- Notifies scheduling of inventory levels and discrepancies
- Understands and practices basic FIFO - Inventory Rotation
- Utilizes MODs - production management tool - for scheduling and inventory placement
Minimum Education, Experience and Core Competency Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED or PFC Level B with one year related experience
- CDL A License
- Flexible, trustworthy, balances courage and consideration, team focused.
- Strong math and communication skills
- Good customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of ISO/TS16949 procedures
- Basic computer skills, including QAD - Inventory management system
- Inventory control experience, material handling, and cycle counting experience
- Understanding of BOM requirements and processing
- Extensive forklift experience
- Able and willing to perform some work tasks in outside environment in all weather conditions
Preferred Education, Experience and Core Competency Requirements:
- Advanced QAD experience
- Past safe forklift experience
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving operations