It's the people who make the difference. For more than 50 years, we’ve prided ourselves in building beautiful products that create better places for people to work and enjoy. We are excited to be part of the growing Fellowes Brands family of products and look forward to connecting with you!
As a Design Engineer at Trendway, you will work across multiple products in our furniture and seating categories or our architectural products categories (depending on experience). You will be a creative and supportive team player focused on providing mechanical design solutions and guidance in a hands-on environment, aiming for optimal part performance throughout the life cycle of our products. In addition to leveraging your strong CAD abilities to create, evaluate and revise product files/drawings and maintain product documentation, you will also seek out improvement and cost reduction concepts on all products, which will lead to strong product performance of new launches and efficient/improving products in the market.
- Provide mechanical engineering designs and support for New Product Development (NPD) and Continuous Product Development (CPD) by designing, prototyping, testing and debugging to support product initiatives across a wide range of products
- Develop part and product designs using 2D and 3D drawing skills and insuring products live up to all specifications and design intent
- Support the project managers and teams by staying focused on key milestones on multiple projects and ensuring timelines are met
- Provide product documentation (bills of material, 2D/3D product drawings, DRILs, product specs, agency testing and engineering change orders) using our document storage platforms, providing mechanical design expertise from product launch through the end of a product’s life
- Support the Engineering Change Notice (ECN) system with supporting documents, appropriate sample testing, cost-efficient releases and timely updates
- Stay current on new design and manufacturing technologies and theories to provide Fellowes with design applications with regards to current and future business categories
- Work closely with the Fellowes global engineering team and key OEM suppliers to assertively support and drive new and continuous product development projects
- Analyze test results, direct test methods and provide critical thinking while actively participating in defective product reviews aimed at identifying root cause and corrective actions
- Travel occasionally, both domestically and internationally
What You Bring to the Team
- A minimum of two (2) years of design engineering experience, to include working in multi-disciplinary teams (technical, design and manufacturing) on the conception, development and launch of products
- A bachelors degree in mechanical engineering
- Excellent computer-aided design (CAD) skills, preferably in Creo and/or Solidworks
- The ability to think creatively, evaluate multiple solutions and implement appropriate engineering principles during the problem-solving process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to speak confidently with technical and non-technical teams at varying levels
- A positive, self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- The ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills, especially when working across multiple projects and deadlines
You May Also Have…
- Experience working with office furniture products or architectural products
- Experience working with global engineering and manufacturing teams
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and/or Tolerance Stack analysis experience
- Experience with the Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) process
Located in Holland, Michigan, Trendway Corporation is part of the Contract Interiors division of Fellowes Brands, and helps customers create beautiful and effective work environments with a wide range of furniture and architectural products. A company with over 50 years of exceptional performance, Trendway provides customers peace of mind through outstanding service, quality products, guaranteed delivery and fast/flexible custom solutions.
About Fellowes Brands Contract Interiors
Fellowes Brands Contract Interiors represents Trendway, ESI and AeraMax Professional—a collection of brands dedicated to being a trusted partner for contract environments that create healthier and more productive workspaces. This trust is earned through our daily interactions, industry experience, leading warranties, industry-best turnaround times and with products that are stood behind, every time.
About Fellowes Brands
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.