You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an IT Analyst Technical Architect - Infrastructure Operations at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As an IT Analyst Technical Architect - Infrastructure Operations, you'll design and implement IT processes. You will provide support to functional areas by creating and communicating solutions to complex problems and projects.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Sound Like You?
- Manage and design major hardware/software solutions in support of assigned infrastructure hardware and services in the organization.
- Administer infrastructure upgrades, implementations, and integrations.
- Provide technical administrative and configuration support for one or more of the following platforms: Windows Server, Linux, Unix, Active Directory, Terminal Services, Virtual Infrastructure, Data Protection, and other related technologies.
- Provide technical support of Infrastructure hardware, software, and firmware, including storage systems.
- Provide advanced problem resolution for server and client based software. This requires 24-7 on-call support rotation assignments.
- Apply advanced problem-solving skills and execute solutions to complex problems independently.
- Apply learned IT skills to your work assignments.
- Coach and mentor IT tasks and skills to others.
- Develop and implement IT processes.
- Identify opportunities and own improvements to technologies and IT processes.
- Lead, define, and complete complex IT tasks independently, and lead small projects as needed.
- Manage and be accountable for project completions.
- Present your work output in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
Who We Are
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another relevant academic discipline (preferred).
- Six years of professional IT and IS experience.
- Experience participating on project teams.
- Expert knowledge of how current trends and technology may be used to support business partners.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to identify how technology solves business problems.
- Core understanding of and ability to connect the needs of multiple Herman Miller functional areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge of server hardware components and their interactions with operating systems and other network elements, including data storage technologies in an x86/x64 environment.
- Experience in the administration of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, and Terminal Server.
- Experience in the administration of Virtualization Infrastructure.
- Experience in the administration of Data Protection Methods and technologies.
- The ability to work a standard schedule (M-F, 8-5) with flexibility for rotating 24x7 on-call support.
- The ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time or as needed to achieve business objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of datacenter operations and host infrastructure components.
- Proficiency in the administration of Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems. MCSE or RHCA and VCP Certifications are preferred.
- Experience with PERL or PowerShell script development.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.