Summary: Weekend “Warrior” Operators will work Saturdays and Sundays only, on A, B, C and/or D shifts. These individuals will assist with production by filling gaps in basic production operator roles on an as-needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identification of parts and defects per company standards
- Application of product labels, tags and stickers
- Use of handheld manual and electronic tools to perform cosmetic repairs
- Frequent lifting and loading of parts onto/off of carts, conveyors or pallets
- Placing of masking inserts into parts according to part number and production plan
- Stocking/stacking or staging of dunnage and packaging or other parts or tools needed by the production team
- Transporting carts of product to other areas of the facility
- Watching or monitoring equipment and product flow to eliminate downtime
- Filling in or “floating” in various departments as needed to maintain production flow
- Other duties as assigned by team leader in accordance with production requirements
- Contributes to a work environment where safety, fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
- Follows safety rules 100% of the time.
- Takes quick action to notify leadership of safety concerns
- Applies 5S principles to keep worksite orderly and safe.
- Follows instructions provided by the Team Leader.
- Meets daily job assignment standards.
- Processes, packs and/or ships product in accordance with quality standards.
- Informs Team Leader of any concerns regarding production.
- Records and properly addresses scrap and non-conforming parts.
- Maintains a productive working environment through communication and teamwork.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee must be able to regularly lift between 30-50 pounds often throughout the shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, pull, push, stand; walk; handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; bend; twist; rotate; and frequently, to read, write, talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work will be Saturdays and Sundays only from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm or from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Travel is not expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Ability to read and understand written documents
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. Depending on stationed work area, exposure to elevated temperatures exists.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
Phone interviews will take the place of in-person interviews whenever possible. Please ensure you have given us a good daytime phone number, best availability and keep your eye on your email so we can reach you!
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)