Business Intelligence Analyst 1 - Business Intelligence/Business Analytics * Days - 40hrs/wk
Reporting to the Director Business Intelligence/Analytics, builds and supports business intelligence and analytics initiatives to enhance departmental and organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Works closely with other Information Technology staff to plan and implement strategies. Writes, clarifies, and interprets specifications for reports and translates specifications into report. Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates customer desires to asses reporting needs. Designs, documents, develops, tests, implements, and maintains user reports. Recommends guidelines, standards, and methodology changes as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 2 years of experience in one or more of the roles listed below, or four years of commensurate experience.
- This position requires experience with and knowledge of Crystal Report Development, SQL script development, and an operational understanding of the components of the technologies that support a hospital system.
- In addition, skills in Epic Clarity report development preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills are required in the functional areas above.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conducts analysis of departmental, organizational, and individual information needs relative to specific assignments.
- Analyzes system performance, data integrity and security requirements in development and resolution work.
- Documents all phases of project and product life cycles.
- Provides technical assistance in resolving developed tools issues
- Remains technically current in areas specifically assigned.
- Establishes and continues development toward personal career goals.
- Develops or participates in development of reports, queries, scripts, and system testing strategies.
- Supports and educates others in support of applications and tools developed, as well as third party applications assigned.
- SQL and other report development.
- Participates in support of applications that require scripting methodologies.
- Assists in any other activity as assigned
Requisition #: req2665
FTE status: 1