Join Michigan Education Corps for the 2020-2021 school year as a K-3 Reading Corps Interventionist and help kids learn to read using evidence-based, reading interventions. We are looking for people who have a desire to help kids succeed. No experience? No problem. You’ll receive training and ongoing expert coaching throughout the year. Join the team that empowers Michigan kids to reach their highest level of academic achievement in reading and math.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 36.25 hours per week. Requires 5 days per week. Position starts 1/4/2021 and ends 6/5/2021
Compensation/Benefits: living stipend of $670.13 biweekly, education award of up to $2,360.00 that can be used to repay federal student loans or future education expenses; federal student loan forbearance.
Minimum required qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older by your start date.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or recognized equivalent by your start date.
- Must be either a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must pass mandatory pre-service background checks.
- Must not have served 4 or more prior terms of service with AmeriCorps State or National.
Additional Information: Hope Network’s Michigan Education Corps will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request. This document is available in alternative formats.