As the Chief Pilot, you will impact the operations of CSA Air through your responsibility to the overall support, counsel, and supervision of flight crew members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervision of Flight Crew members conducting operations in accordance with FAR-135.
- Administration of FAA required flight checks and evaluations.
- Coordinate pilot training with Operations and Flight Safety International.
- Authorized by the Director of Operations to exercise Operational Control.
- Coordinate NATA requirements, fingerprints, and paperwork with Human Resources concerning new hires.
- Conducts enroute pilot evaluations when able.
- Conducts ramp evaluations and meets with each Host City Ramp Supervisor as necessary.
- Maintains and ensures that all training manuals and materials used for training are approved and in compliance with the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Maintain and ensure that all Pilot records are current and complete.
Maintain canned flight plans with Leidos (US) and Nav Canada.
- Participates in the Interview process for potential Flight Crew members.
- Encourage and maintain positive relations between the Flight Crews, Flight Followers, Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance, Flight Following Manager, and other ramp personnel.
- Responsible to maintain currency in all aircraft operated by CSA operated under FAR -135.
- Safeguard standards established by the FAA, and CSA policy and procedures.
- Adheres to company policy and procedures.
- Writes articles for company newsletters when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Safety and Work Environment - Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others.
- Effective Communication - Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (including email, text, and phone).
- Teamwork - Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals. Produces high-quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change - Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must meet or exceed the requirements of FAR 119.71(d).
- Associate Degree or equivalent.•Computer literate (Word, Excel)
- Commercial Certificate with an Instrument rating (or an ATP Certificate).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management or related field and/or 1-2 years of related work experience. Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument (CFII).
CSA Air, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CSA Air, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
CSA Air, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CSA Air employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.