Position Summary: The Staff Accountant will provide both administrative and financial support services in a multi-entity environment as a key member to the Finance & Accounting team. This position will work to provide support across the finance team in a professional and knowledgeable manner, learning both the accounting and operational activities of the organization. The Staff Accountant works collaboratively with other members of the Finance & Accounting team, other departments and external parties, focusing on excellent service in every situation consistent with the Convivial Brands Core Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become an expert in the intercompany relationship of Convivial Brands family of companies
- Is a leader in the shared services environment of the Convivial Brands family of companies
- Ownership of commission & rebate payment process
- Ownership of quarterly royalty payments
- Maintains and validates A/P subledger and vendor accounts
- Becomes a key member of cash management & forecast team, working in close collaboration with operational partners to effectively manage inventory ordering cycles
- Processes vendor invoices daily
- Primary ownership of disbursement cycle for all companies
- Effectively manages email inboxes and resolves incoming items daily
- Supports month end closing activities
- Posts journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts
- Processes monthly bank account reconciliations
- Primary ownership of Vendor ledgers and 1099 process
- Acts as a champion of documentation and continuous improvements on internal financial processes
- Acts as backup to other roles within the accounting & finance team as needed
- Provides excellent service to our internal team and external partners consistent with the Convivial Brands core values
- Perfoms other duties as assigned
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company propr
This role does not have direct reports and does not require supervisory experience.