This Part Time role will assist in all purchasing functions to meet company objectives of world class quality and maximum customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- In conjunction with Sorucing, help ensure competitive pricing on all purchased materials and services, while supporting inventory goals.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers on pricing, quality, and delivery to build strong relationships and strive towards continuous improvement initiatives.
- Inventory and order spares tooling for specific jobs.
- Issue and track purchase orders and release as required.
- Purchase tooling for all departments from R&R, breakdowns, new tooling and spares.
- Purchase machining tools, tool steel and equipment repair parts for toolroom.
- Unpack, receive and put away tooling for all departments.
Education- High School Diploma, or recognized equivalent.
Training- On the job
Skills- Organization, planning, negotiating skills, strong analytical comprehension, basic understanding of blue print reading, intermediate Excel aptitude, ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments with prioritization and focus to detail.
- Preferred Training/Skills:
- Technical/Tooling Skills
- Understanding of Metal Forming Techniques, Stations, and Tooling Fit/Function
- Basic Understanding of Tool Steels & Coatings
- Blueprint Reading Proficiency
- Basic GD&T knowledge
- Computer Proficiencies
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft based programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- ERP systems experience, Plex experience is preferred.
- Ability view and verify basic CAD files.
- Required Certifications
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Experience- background in industrial purchasing or cost estimating (preferred).
- This position requires a moderate level of physical activity.
- Standing, walking, moving, and bending for significant periods of time.
- Regularly lifting and moving up to 50 lbs.
- Must wear proper eye and ear protection in designated areas.
Must wear proper OSHA approved work boots or shoes while on production floor