Location: Southwest Michigan, Plainwell Michigan Job Type: Full Time
Industries: Machine/Equipment Manufacturing (Thermal Industry)
Education Level: Journeyman preferred Experience: 5-10 years
Growing industrial equipment manufacturer looking to expand its electrical team. Engineered systems for the thermal and pollution control industry. Individual will be responsible for the manufacturing of piping and wiring on the custom equipment we build in our shop, as well as occasional customer site installation of equipment, as well as retrofits, service and preventative maintenance.
- Ability to interpret blue prints and plan piping runs.
- Effectively use pipe threading machine for rigid conduit and Schedule 40 gas pipe.
- Knowledge of proper procedures to pull wire through EMT and ridged conduit systems.
- Ability to operate pipe bending machines to required specifications to bend a variety of radius'.
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Shop floor electrical wiring and piping.
- Knowledge of industrial burner systems and burner management systems. (Will train)
- Conveyor systems knowledge – Take-up, gearbox, sprockets, drives, vfd
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics. Mechanical assembly drawings.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot commercial building electrical system.
- Ability to maintain/troubleshoot metal working equipment using 230/460V systems.
- Excellent communication/customer skills.
- Install & commission new equipment and systems within the schedule and budget provided by the project team
- Knowledge in gas piping assembly ranging in size from ½” NPT to 2-1/2” NPT.
- Knowledge of PLC is a plus
- Journeyman card preferred but not required.
- Willing to work overtime when needed
- Reliable transportation with current drivers license
- Must have passport or ability to obtain a passport.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs by yourself or 100 lbs with assistance
- Ability to use forklift and man lifts
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Travel could be up to about 15 to 50% of the time
- Manufacturing setting
- Fabrication shop
Competitive salary and excellent benefits (health, dental, vacation, 401K, Aflac) along with discretionary bonus program.