The purpose of this position is to assist in the conversion of raw materials to finished goods to be delivered to the customer. The General Plant Labor position will be responsible for various operations including bundling, pre-folding and re-piling, and gluing. Safety, efficiency and quality are of top concern.
- Inspect order to verify special instructions and routing – ensure quantities, sizing, printing etc. match work order specifications
- Monitor box quality, including but not limited to scoring, folding, and print. Also, the proper placement/application of tape, glue, or stitching
- Ensure finished boxes are properly bundled and stacked for unitizing and/or palletizing.
- Ability to assist on all finishing presses
- Cut layer and bottom pads according to order size and number of pieces and make corner markers.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including conduct, Health & Safety and maintaining good housekeeping, as well as all government regulations.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Additional duties related to or not related to this job classification as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written, oral or graphic instructions