Works under the supervision of lead, supervisor, experienced staff, and/or clinicians within Pathology or Laboratory.
Essential Functions for Inpatient Phlebotomists:
- Collects blood specimens from patients of all ages, including pediatrics, throughout the hospital with a strong emphasis on safety and quality.
- Delivers exceptional customer service in a manner consistent with caring and respect while maintaining confidentiality. Interacts with patients, families and visitors in a manner consistent with Spectrum Health hospitality standards.
- Serves as resource regarding specimen requirements and processing, including the mentoring of new staff.
- Processes orders and specimens, performs computer entry and other related activities per standard.
- Tracks incoming specimens, checks for proper labeling and routes to appropriate location.
Please note this position is posted for the hours of work required year round. This position does not offer seasonal employment.
Education - High School Diploma or equivalent
Licenses - Drivers License – MI (MI DR LIC) SHGR Inpatient Phlebotomy, Outpatient Phlebotomy, and Laboratory Client Services SHBR, SHGH, SHLH, SHP, SHRC, SHUH, SHZH
Experience - Dealing with the public, preferably in the medical or customer service field
Licenses - Phlebotomy Technician (PBT) or Phlebotomy Technician, Certified (CPT)