Tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling,banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers by performing the following duties.
- Upholds the Principles of Founders as guidelines for decisions and actions - Inclusion, authenticity, passion, family, diversity, positivity, humility, dedication, community, purposeful progress
- Adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures and maintains conformity with Quality Policies.
- Cleans and Sanitizes all areas and machines within the packaging halls in accord with company policies.
- Sets up, operates, and cleans machines and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Intervenes for minor mechanical adjustments and notifies Lead Packaging Machine Operator and or Supervisor.
- Executes mechanical and automated processes or repairs such as opening valves, setting guides, changing over machines, or clearing away damaged product or containers.
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Feeds product to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices, and unloads packaged product.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as wrapping paper, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- The packaging team members rotate through all of our packaging department functions including all areas of our bottling, canning, and keg filling lines.
- Constant cleaning and frequent machine maintenance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good candidates must fit in with our enthusiastic team environment.
- Must be a great communicator, and possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Candidates must be safety focused and love to clean.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, be able to twist and turn, be able to reach over your shoulders, and work in standing/walking position at a steady pace.
- Machine operation experience is a plus.