Description About this Opportunity
The Ancillary Specialist - Sales Enablement works with Herman Miller Group field sellers, dealers, and Client Practice Leads to increase the frequency of Herman Miller Group product specifications (or successful product substitutions) as part of a project, account acquisition, or growth strategy. You'll be the expert regarding the Ancillary products offered as part of the Group, assigned to work closely with Herman Miller A+D Representatives in select regions or global accounts to coordinate activities to influence Herman Miller Group specifications. Your work will reduce complexities and allow Herman Miller Group field sellers to pursue other sales activities while you engage with A+D firms, clients, and/or project teams to assist with the selection, application, and specification of Ancillary products. You will advise dealer designers regarding Ancillary Group products as needed. You'll also develop ideas and create content to support Readiness activity for Ancillary learning.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Represent the Herman Miller Group Ancillary product portfolio and provide insight, ideas, training, and information to internal and external business partners through Readiness ideation and content creation.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all things Herman Miller Group Ancillary for your assigned areas and help Herman Miller Group sellers and dealers develop, prepare, and present ancillary furniture remotely to articulate the design story of each brand and creatively position ancillary solutions within each brand.
- Inspire and create preference for Herman Miller Group Ancillary products, collaborating with A+D Representatives and clients to develop creative strategies to meet business partner needs and increase specification of Herman Miller Group Ancillary products.
- Prepare design, application, and specification recommendations using the appropriate technology platform (MRL, CET, etc.).
- Assist with the design and navigation of physical product and material experiences (samples, mockups, etc.).
- Represent the Herman Miller Group Ancillary product portfolio and provide insight, ideas, training, and information to internal business partners through partnerships with teams like the field-based Ancillary team, Product Management, Opportunity Room, Applied Placemaking, and Marketing on a case-by-case basis.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's Degree in Design, Sales, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in a design and/or presentation generating environment with at least two years of experience in proposal management or high-level project management.
- Commercial interior design, furniture applications, space planning, or equivalent skills and experiences (preferred).
- Contract furniture experience (preferred).
- A strong sense of customer and sales process and the ability to facilitate customer and field interaction.
- Proficiency with CET, AutoCAD, CAP, Revit, and SketchUp design tools.
- The ability to mentally develop a big picture view and perspective to look beyond the proposal at hand and develop creative strategies geared toward winning the business.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to write in a number of styles, recognize which is most appropriate in each instance, and incorporate the correct style in each proposal.
- Solid knowledge of Herman Miller entities (Herman Miller, Geiger, Nemschoff, naughtone, Design Within Reach, HAY, Maharam) and products (a plus).
- The ability to be deadline-oriented and work under pressure while tactfully dealing with stressful situations.
- The ability to change priorities quickly and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Computer literacy in text-based and creative software applications.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional team environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland