1. Be licensed by the Michigan Board of Nursing to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. a. Possess an Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; AND
b. Possess a Master's degree in nursing; OR
3. a. Possess a Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university; AND
b. Possess a Master's degree in nursing, nutrition, health education, public health, public administration or a closely related field.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
4. Have had at least three (3) years of full-time work experience in nursing or teaching experience in nursing.
5. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date.
6. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this classification.
7. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
NOTE: Applicants who are eligible to be licensed by the State of Michigan and who meet the other requirements listed above may take this examination but will not be eligible for appointment until they possess a valid permit or license from the State of Michigan.
Volunteer experience may be accepted provided it is equivalent in level and scope to the required experience.