PrideStaff is seeking qualified leaders who would be interested in working with a growing organization in Grand Rapids, MI. This position would be meeting and exceeding production goals in the chopping/defecting and taping process or our client's plant.
The selected candidate would benefit from the opportunity to grow with a newer organization that already has demonstrated organizational success and work with refurbished wood products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cut and Defect wood planks to prepare for taping.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic and preventive maintenance on the tape machine
- Maintain quality standards
- Identify and count inbound Lamella’s (thin wood plank) to confirm the correct required amount is delivered to you
- Confirm inbound specs (if standard product specs or custom specs)
- Using a miter saw chop out wood defects (based on product specs) and assemble into charges
- Keep the station and surrounding area clean
- Meet daily production targets in a safe and efficient manner
- Using tape application machines to apply adhesive
- Basic math skills
- Ability to measure using both tape measures and calibers
- Previous general labor experience