Work at Thermotron is challenging and never includes assembly line production. We offer on-the-job training and encourage job growth and advancement. We also pride ourselves on being a family friendly and an employee driven company.
The purpose of this position is to learn and utilize welding (MIG, TIG,and ARC) and general mechanical skills to build environmental test chambers.
Primary skills and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Able to read blue prints and schematics
- Visually inspect parts from other departments, such as sheet metal and weld, to determine quality
- Utilize appropriate tools to install windows, doors, ports, baffling, and gasketing on the chambers
- Insulate chambers as required
- Clean chambers according to acid cleaning procedures
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous non-robotic welding experience highly preferred
Thermotron manufactures environmental simulation test equipment and has been in business for more than 50 years. Thermotron serves more than 30 industries, including aerospace, electronics, defense, telecommunications, and automotive. The majority of Fortune 500 tech companies use Thermotron equipment to improve reliability and ensure their products will operate in extreme environments such as hot and cold temperatures, humidity, altitude, rain, dust, and vibration.
Thermotron is an equal opportunity employer for all protected categories under applicable law.