Our client specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, our client's expertise lights the path to innovation, safety and styling.
Supports manufacturing in maintaining equipment and tools needed in daily operation. This position performs routine as well as emergency mechanical and electrical repairs including: preventative maintenance programs, troubleshooting equipment problems, repairing equipment, Installation of equipment. Maintains record-keeping as required to maintain integrity of work performed. Work may involve irregular work schedules, exposure to chemicals, high voltage from electrostatic equipment, loud noise and hazardous waste.
1. Installs, repairs, rebuilds and maintains precision machine and production tools and equipment wit opportunity to overhaul troublesome components.
2. Diagnoses machine malfunctions and difficulties, then plans and implements actions necessary to return equipment to operation and prevent future breakdowns.
3. Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics and machine manuals in order to perform safe and effective repairs.
4. Fabricates parts with or without sketches and prints using lathe, mill, drill press and welder. Operates testing equipment, power tools, hand tools, torches, welders and precision measuring instruments.
5. Performs skilled operations such as fitting and aligning of bearings, spindles and shafts. Fits, aligns and calibrates measuring devices and feeding mechanisms.
6. Leads machine tool and processing equipment installation and relocation efforts. Performs erecting, leveling, fitting, and aligning actions necessary for safe and effective installation.
7. Troubleshoots basic electrical and PLC problems.
9. Routinely contacts suppliers or manufacturers on part information, repair issues, improvement needs and shipping instructions.
9. Assists other maintenance team members in meeting department requirements. Serves as a resource to production, engineering and other plant personnel.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Completion of a 4-year apprenticeship program certified by the U.S. Department of Labor.
3. Must obtain and maintain a valid powered industrial truck operator permit and a State of Michigan Driver’s License.
4. Journeyman’s certification - Required
5. 6+ years of industrial equipment maintenance experience - Preferred