You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work at Herman Miller as a Vice President, Better World and make both.
About this Opportunity
Herman Miller has a long history of emphasizing sustainability, employee health and wellbeing, corporate giving, and diversity, equity, and inclusion - all elements of what we collectively refer to as our Better World initiatives. A core objective of our corporate strategy is to elevate our Better World commitment, and we are excited to announce the creation of a senior leadership role aimed at uniting and aligning our Better World activities throughout the Herman Miller Group family of brands.
Through a combination of direct and matrixed reporting, this leader will partner with the CEO, Leadership Team, and cross-functional Better World team (see below) to:
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who...
- Lead the development and alignment of Herman Miller's Global Better World strategy with the Corporate strategy
- Oversee, direct and manage our Better World activities across our global, cross-functional Better World teams to ensure collective alignment, focus, and forward progress
- Develop and lead the cross-functional team to set, measure, and manage achievement of our Global Better World goals and metrics
- Identify, establish and leverage external Better World-related benchmarks, resources, potential partnerships, etc. to help accelerate the realization of our Better World priorities
- Lead and manage our annual Better World reporting efforts and ensure these metrics are consistently leveraged with customers, employees, and our stakeholders more broadly
- Serve as the voice of Better World on the Leadership Team and as the external spokesperson of Herman Miller's Better World activities to raise our profile on the national and global stage
Our cross-functional Better World team includes representation from Product Sustainability, Real Estate & Facilities, DEI, Employee Health & Well Being, and Corporate Giving.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- Demonstrated ability to lead direct and indirect reports in a global matrixed organization
- Working knowledge of major ESG / CSR reporting tools, systems, and frameworks
- Strong executive-level communication skills
- Data-driven decision-maker
- Passionate about leveraging business as a force for good
- Capable of educating, inspiring, and influencing a diverse group of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships with C-suite executives internally and externally. Board experience preferred.
- 15+ years of work experience in fast-paced corporate environments
- Prior experience in a business results-oriented role such as sales, operations or ideally experience leading a business / owning a P&L
- Previous experience leading DEI, CSR, ESG, and/or Corporate Foundation activities / initiatives
- Public Relations/Media experience
- Bachelor's degree required
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.