You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an Accountant (Business Risk) at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Business Risk Auditor, you'll apply comprehensive financial/accounting knowledge with a thorough understanding of multiple business units. You will ensure the internal control environment is complete and relevant. You'll also complete complex and broad assignments under minimal supervision.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Support the implementation of the Business Risk Assurance strategic plan through audits of organizational accounting and statistical data as well as various departmental activities to ensure compliance with the plans, policies, and procedures prescribed by the Audit Committee and senior management.
- Determine the proper accountability of assets and audits accounting records of contract agreements in which the organization is involved.
- Promote a strong internal control environment through the assessment and testing of controls pertaining to financial accounts and processes.
- Evaluate compliance with certain laws and regulations relating to corporate governance and financial statement accuracy.
- Participate in the annual assessment and testing of internal controls as part of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance.
- Collaborate with Finance colleagues and internal/external Herman Miller contacts to collect and validate data.
- Assist in communicating detailed information under general supervision.
- Receive general guidance on assigned activities, conferring with leadership when appropriate.
- Use broadly defined procedures to support documentation processes in compliance with corporate financial guidelines.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. A CPA is strongly preferred.
- Four or more years of professional accounting experience. Experience in a Big 4 Public Accounting firm is preferred.
- The ability to work cooperatively both in a team environment and independently.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- A solid understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), internal controls, and audit methodologies.
- Strong general business knowledge and the ability to learn new business processes quickly.
- A commitment to business partnership.
- The ability to travel (domestic and international) approximately 15-20% of the time.
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Financial literacy and well-developed business acumen.
- A high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.