You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Credit Analyst at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Credit Analyst, you'll conduct risk analysis of new and existing customers through varied forms of information and tools to facilitate sales securely within established policies that will result in maximum sales and sound receivables. You will work and build relationships with internal and external customers to gather information and mitigate risk in a variety of situations.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Build relationships with dealers to consult on ways to improve their financial situation.
- Gather all documentation to conduct a proper analysis of customers' creditworthiness and present it to the Credit Manager.
- Take part in work out plans for high-risk customers.
- Meet with the Sales Department to report on predetermined high risk accounts.
- Monitor orders for risk exposure and ensure the terms are within risk tolerances.
- Negotiate contract terms that promotes cash flow and mitigate risk.
- Protect Herman Miller's interest.
- Understand preferred risk mitigation tools and when to use them appropriately.
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable Analysts on escalated payment issues to ensure payment is received within terms and check to make sure there are no financial concerns.
- Ensure accounts are current and within their credit limit and conduct work out plans to rectify if not.
- Work with direct customers to determine their credit worthiness and arrive at acceptable credit terms.
- Work within and maintain Credit policy and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Four years of professional accounting/finance experience.
- One to two years of experience conducting financial statement analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced experience with an Order to Cash system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience reading and interpreting payment terms for contracts.
- The ability to influence and advise terms for negotiating contracts.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition principles according to U.S. GAAP.
- An understanding of how to extract the business impact from financial statements and reports.
- An understanding of customer financial statements to determine credit risk.
- Knowledge of credit tools to reduce and mitigate credit risk.
- The ability to monitor the exposure of multiple customer accounts and orders.
- The ability to effectively communicate and influence credit risk and terms at various levels with internal and external client groups.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.