About this Opportunity
As a Maintenance Lead - Manufacturing, you'll provide leadership to a shift/crew of Manufacturing Operations Maintenance team members while maintaining a working role as a Journeyman on the Maintenance Team.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Accurately document repairs, set-ups, preventative maintenance (PM), and safety procedures to ensure equipment reliability and quality control, and to improve the overall operation of equipment.
- Actively participate in and contribute to machine and process design improvements.
- Actively support all environmental and recycling efforts, including the disposal of hazardous materials. You may also need to be HAZMAT certified.
- Ensure effective shift turn-over communication on outstanding issues.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair activities with Engineering, Production, and Quality to ensure effective and timely machine repairs.
- Inspect, adjust, program, and repair machinery/mechanisms and equipment according to work assigned, including responsibility for mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic work on equipment.
- Monitor and encourage on-time reliability with work orders (emphasis on PM work orders, PM parties), and adjust work order due dates for individuals if warranted. You'll also monitor emergency calls and respond if no one takes call.
- Monitor and maintain good 5S (housekeeping) and adherence to safety rules and practices in the Maintenance work space and job sites. You will also conduct monthly shift/crew safety training.
- Monitor individuals' completed work orders to ensure that work is completed professionally and customers are satisfied. You'll also provide input on each individual on respective shift(s) for performance reviews and training needs.
- Recommend spare parts for inventory to support equipment reliability.
- Schedule overtime for Production support and in-progress work orders.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A high school diploma or equivalent education (i.e., GED).
- A U.S. Department of Labor Journeyman's Card in the Mechanical/Electrical Field and three to five years of Journeyman experience. Or, for VanWagoner only, a Maintenance Certificate and you are actively pursuing an Associate's degree in Welding and/or Machine Technology, or a U.S. Department of Labor Journeyman's Card in the Mechanical/Electrical Field, plus three to five years of related work experience.
- A minimum of 120 contact hours of additional training above the Apprenticeship requirement.
- Demonstrated familiarity with machine control systems including air logic, relay logic, computerized numerical control (CNC), and programmable logic control (PLC), as well as the ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Prior successful work experience in a leadership capacity.
- A valid driver's license.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.