Concrete Construction Quality Inspector
***This is a 3rd shift position***11:00pm start time***
We are currently looking to add a Concrete Construction Quality Inspector to our team in Grandville. The individual hired will be responsible for inspecting heavy duty precast building products at various stages of the production process.
• Knowledge of concrete construction methods
• Follow quality control procedures as outlined in Kerkstra Quality Control Manual.
• Assist with precast concrete construction methods including tensioning, checking product at various levels of completion and reporting conformance to blueprint. Example: location of steel reinforcements and concrete form placement.
• The employee will generate discrepancy reports (DRs) from production non-conformances using a 3rd party software.
• Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures. Maintains quality control records, reports and test results.
• Test concrete to ensure ACI/MCA conformance. Testing may include; air content, slump/spread, temperature, unit weight, and making cylinders.
• Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards for concrete temperature, percentage of air, unit weight, slump and other quality requirements.
• Generates and enters data for analysis.
• Supports quality awareness in all precast production operations.
• Maintain lab equipment in calibration.
• Must adhere to all Kerkstra and MiOSHA safety rules
• Must work with in the attendance policy guidelines.
• Must be able to work overtime without much notice and have flexibility to cover other shifts
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced construction environment
• Must be able to work without direct supervision, be confident and willing to learn from mistakes
• Must have a get-it-done attitude within the quality control procedures at Kerkstra