- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- The ability to read and write English, and the ability to comprehend written instructions and record
- The capacity to work in a team with intermittent
- The ability to work respectfully and courteously with a wide variety of individuals, including the public, agency employees and passengers.
- This employee will be required to successfully complete all required initial and update
- This position requires Individuals must have a valid Michigan driver’s license with three (3) or more years of driving experience, less than six (6) points, and no exclusionary violations on driving record.
- Possess a Commercial Driver’s License with P and S endorsements, have a good driving record and be able to be insured by the agency auto and liability insurance
- Two years previous experience as a heavy-duty diesel and gas truck Experience in performing a wide variety of repair tasks, including diagnosing mechanical problems, and proficiency in gas and arc welding.
- Be able to be certified within 1 year of employment with Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic certifications by the State of Michigan in gas and diesel engines, drive train, suspension, brakes and electrical
- Must pass all required background checks, physicals and drug screens. If the background check reveals disqualifying information, employment shall be terminated unless the disqualifying information was successfully appealed as inaccurate, expunged or set
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This employee will be given a yearly stipend at the date of their work anniversary in the amount of $600 to purchase tools. This tool allowance is considered as gross wages for purposes of retirement benefits calculations, federal and state withholding, FICA taxes and other withholdings and contributions based on gross wages paid.
Up to 25% Company vehicle is supplied.
This employee will be expected to travel between job sites, and outside repair shops as required. May be required to travel for meetings, conferences and seminars occasionally. Travel is primarily local, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.