POSITION SUMMARY: Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads work orders, production schedules, or follows written or oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers.
- Moves containers to and from production lines and hold areas via RF transactions.
- Counts, inspects, and receives material on incoming loads.
- Records number of units – good and bad – and final bin storage location on Incoming Preform Log.
- Loads trucks for customer orders.
- Cleans bin storage locations.
- Makes simple adjustments to bin storage locations in an effort to reconcile any discrepancies.
- Shovels loose materials such as sand, gravel, metals, or plastics from warehouse locations into containers for inspection.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Be in a harness to load a rail car or bulk truck approximately 30' in the air.