NEW TEMPORARY SIGN-ON BONUS $1,000:
$500 after the completion of 90 days
$300 after the completion of 6 months
$200 after the completion of 1 year
JOB TITLE: Palletizer
WORK SCHEDULE: 2nd Shift (3:00pm-11:00pm)
DAYS WORKED: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
DETAILS: 2nd Shift, we alternate between a 5 day and 6 day production schedule.
SUMMARY: Providing safe and quality food is the job of all House of Flavors employees. The Palletizing Stacker, an at-will employee working under the direction of the Palletizing Manager, Supervisors and shift Lead Person, is primarily responsible to move frozen finished product from a conveyor to a pallet using proper lifting technique. The Palletizing Stacker wraps pallets with plastic and labels pallets with accurate coding. Palletizing Stackers, if authorized and licensed, use forklifts to put product in the freezer or help out in another departments. The Palletizing Stacker employee may be asked to perform duties in the tri-tray area and will be responsible to maintain a clean work environment. All Good Manufacturing Practices and general safety practices are observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stacks (palletizes) ice cream and frozen desserts in the method set forth by the customer while watching for unacceptable packaging that must be separated from the saleable product; wraps pallets with plastic as instructed.
- Provides accurate pallet counts and/or documentation for each pallet stacked.
- Uses a forklift, if authorized and licensed, to move the finished product from the palletizing area to the freezer for shipping or storage.
- Maintains a clean work area by keeping the area free of debris, pallets, and ice cream. Sorts out rewraps from non-saleable product, determining re-melt product, and restacking partial pallets.
- If instructed, checks, cleans, and maintains the tri-tray area; un-jams and resets tri-tray.
- Works as a member of the Palletizing team, learning the jobs of different work stations included in this job description, enabling the ability to rotate from job to job giving breaks or filling in when other employees are absent.
- Helps out in other departments, repairing pallets, helping with inventory, and general plant and grounds cleaning and/or basic maintenance.
- Completes all other duties as assigned, including working with the Palletizing Manager and other managers to enhance the overall productivity of the department and the profitability of the company.
These are not the only duties and responsibilities that the Palletizing Stacker may be asked to perform, but it is a fair representation of the general duties that are required on a day-to-day basis.