We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited, rehabilitation hospital with 167 inpatient beds – 119 acute and 48 sub-acute. There are numerous outpatient programs as well as home and community services. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Provides support for payroll processing and benefits plans administration tasks including helping the team respond to employee questions, payroll processing, benefits tracking, and assisting with auditing and invoice payments.
- Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
- Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
- Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
- A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing Benefits email inbox and answering employee questions or forwarding to the appropriate team member to respond.
- Assist with basic benefits administration tasks including employee enrollments, enrollment reminders, dependent verification process, dependent over-age tracking, and processing monthly invoices for self-bill products.
- Quarterly reconciliation of all invoices including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, Disability, COBRA. Monthly reconciliation of Flexible Spending.
- Maintain employee medical and benefit (election forms) files.
- Assist with planning and implementing open enrollment activities for medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending and HSA benefits. Assists employees with online enrollment process where needed and track required documentation of open enrollment elections.
- Track missed and make up deductions in arrears for LOAs including mailings and collections process, audit benefit vendors for accuracy. Maintains records in compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Submit Friend of the Court paperwork (both benefits and payroll related) and ensure children’s coverage due to the QMSCO isn’t dropped during Open Enrollment.
- Assist payroll with processing bi-weekly and monthly payroll and act as payroll processing back-up.
- Coordinate with payroll on audits including PTO & EII discrepancies, 403b/457 changes, and others as assigned.
- Responsible for tracking and updating 403b/457 contribution changes for bi-weekly and monthly payroll processing.
- Submit carrier files (834 files), portability file, and 403b/457 file to carriers each week or after each payroll is processed
- Responsible for special projects as assigned.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school diploma required; Associate degree or 2 years equivalent work experience preferred.
- Outstanding skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to speak and present effectively in front of an audience
- Outgoing, energetic, personable, and ability to relate to employees and participants of all ages, education and motivational levels
- High level verbal and written communications skills and ability to multi-task.
- High level of service orientation with strong sense of urgency.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational mission with a whatever it takes attitude.
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.