The Director of Food & Beverage (F&B) is responsible for the overall supervision and direction of the Resort’s F&B operations. Must have experience in running multiple F&B outlets including: Banquets, Buffets, Fine Dining, Quick Serve, and Beverage operations both front and back of house. Must have a thorough understanding of proper food preparation and food service, but also a firm grasp of menu building, COGS, and total financial aspect of F&B operations.
• Provide excellent Guest Service to guests, internal and external through active guest engagement and positive attitude.
• Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labor costs, COGS and overall profitability.
• Hiring, training, mentoring, discipline and termination of all F&B Team Members.
• Analyse F&B offerings from a profitability standpoint.
• Completion of Customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
• Timely analysis of F&B Prices in relation to competition.
• Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
• Cooperation with Marketing of Sales Promotions & Mailings.
• Quarterly competitive analysis by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.
• Oversee telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.
• Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
• Handle all F&B inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
• Co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements.
• To confirm all details relative to group functions with meeting/banquet planners.
• Attendance and participation at weekly F&B and Leadership meetings.
• To lead all menu planning and pricing activities.
• Be available to Restaurant/Kitchen Staff at all times in case of emergency.
• Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
• All other duties as directed by the General Manager.
• Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
• Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
• Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
• Assure the completion of weekly schedule and shift duties.
• Monitor all staffing levels for business fluctuation.
• Completion of monthly inventory.
• Assure timely completion of function bills.
• Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, and food.
• Consistent check of F&B quality, banquet services and pallet presentation.
• Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
• Establish a rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
• Minimize number of customer complaints.
• Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.
• Teamwork-Relations with co-workers and management.
• Ensuring high quality of F&B Guest Services and department phone handling.
• Meeting with purveyors on a regular basis to ensure we are receiving this highest quality product at the lowest cost.
• Responsible for staff training and development.
• Ensure all staff have proper certifications.
• High employee retention.
• Personal development and growth.
• Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
• Minimize the number of Workmen's Compensation claims.
• Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Ability to be ServSafe certified with in the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to receive and maintain a Gaming License.
- Minimum 15 years of F&B Management Experience.
- At Least 5 years’ as Director of multiple outlets in excess of $2 million a year in revenue.
- At Least 5 years’ experience managing staffing levels of over 75 People
- Current Driver’s License.
- Must pass background checks and other pre-employment screenings.
- Culinary degree from accredited learning institution.
- 10 plus years of casino F&B experience
- 5 plus years in Native American Gaming
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of the position at any time. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and applicable background checks related to the position.
Our Mission is to provide an exceptional and memorable experience to every Guest, every time. Each Team Member will demonstrate a high level of professionalism, provide a safe, clean and entertaining experience for all Guests, internal and external.
Integrity, Service, Professionalism, Value. This is our PROMISE.