SITE HIGHLIGHT: Access control for truck deliveries, electronic documentation, patrol and medical response in security vehicle, as well as building/warehouse foot patrol. This site has a mixture of static and mobile duties which are great in breaking up an Officer's shift.
POSITION SCOPE: Uniformed Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, students and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service to our customers, clients, and visitors.
- 3rd Shift (12am-8am) - ACA Full-Time: 30-39+ hours/week
- 3rd Shift (12am-8am) - Part-Time: 16-24+ hours/week
- 2nd Shift (4pm-12am) - ACA Full-Time: 30-39+ hours/week
- 2nd Shift (4pm-12am) - Part-Time: 16-24+ hours/week
- 1st Shift (8am-4pm) Weekends - Part-Time: 16+ hours/week
- Rate of Pay: $12.50/hour
- Benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, and paid medical leave. Full-time employees are also eligible for medical benefits.
LOCATION: Byron Center, MI.
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts – this may include building lobbies or reception areas.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- May operate x-ray and/or metal detection equipment where the equipment is deployed.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Will report potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair including lighting, plumbing, wet floors, etc.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Officers will NOT smoke while in DK Uniform, on or off duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and randomly thereafter.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Must have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
- Must be willing to become CPR/1st Aide/AED Certified (prior certification is preferred).
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.