MPHI is a Michigan-based and nationally engaged, non-profit public health institute. We are a team of teams, process and content experts, dedicated to building A world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
Title: Public Health Consultant
$49,700-$53,000 / Posted thru: 10-11-2020
Employee Name: TBD
Supervisor: Jennifer DeLaCruz
Purpose: To provide ongoing support for Michigan's Lifeline State Capacity Building Grant and clerking services for the state's Suicide Prevention Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the oversight and direction to Michigan's Lifeline State Capacity Building Grant, including coordination of deliverables with the partner affiliated call centers (subrecipients), other state staff, and the funder.
- Conduct subcontract monitoring, including annual work plan review, work plan reports, guidance on work plan deliverables, and monthly review of financial status reports using the state's grant agreement management system, EGrAMS.
- Provide subcontractor technical assistance and perform monitoring duties such as site visits, desk audits, expenditure and budget review.
- Participate in regular communication with subcontractors, including but not limited to monthly technical assistance calls, individual communication, trainings, etc.
- Participate in grant-required conferences as directed by the program supervisor.
- Assist in the coordination and completion of all required grant deliverables as specified in the Request For Proposal (RFP), approved work plan, and contract with the funder.
- Provide clerking services to Michigan's Suicide Prevention Commission, including but not limited to assisting with organizing meetings and communications with Commission members, taking notes, working with Commission members on reimbursements.
- Participate in all required meetings, trainings, and webinars, which may include intra-department, division, and section staff meetings and trainings
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Possession of a master's degree in public health, health communication, health policy or a public health related field such as nursing, epidemiology, health education, health economics, dietetics/nutrition management, genetics, or speech and audiology; a master's degree in social work; master's degree in counseling; master's degree in special education with specialization in blind/visual disabilities; or a master's degree in public or business administration with a health care concentration.
Experience: One or more years of professional post-master's degree experience in a public health-related field (experience with subject matter and contract management preferred, but not required)
Important Skills and Characteristics:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish priorities and set goals.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities.
- Ability to be organized, track multiple tasks and activities.
- Ability to maintain relationships with multiple partners in a variety of locations and professions.
- Ability to work collaboratively within MDHHS.
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office proficiency.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Required valid vehicle operator's license to attend off-site meetings, conferences, and trainings. Invoices significant computer related activity such as viewing a CRT or VDT screen at least 50% to 75% of time. Standard office environment in Lansing, Michigan. Travel to one out of state meeting per year is required as directed.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS: No assigned responsibility.
Contact Person/Group Frequency Purpose
Program Manager Frequently Supervision
IVP Section Manager Periodically Supervision
Grant Partners (subcontractors) Frequently Business Needs
"For purposes of employment standards, this classification is 'Exempt' from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act."
MPHI works with you to promote health for everyone. Together, we will build a world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
MPHI is an EEO/AA employer that participates with e-verify.