CG Plastics is looking to add a Full-Time Production/Shift Supervisor to our crew to support our production demands within our Comstock Park, MI facility! The night shift runs from 5 pm to 5:20 am.
- Manage all aspects of production responsibilities in accordance with customer requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide positive coaching to individuals within the department.
- Perform all functions within the plastic injection molding operation if required.
- Understand and maintain adherence of company policies and procedures amongst all team members.
- Ensure quality standards are met for the molded parts based upon Good Manufacturing Practices and outlined procedures.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Sampling Manager and Engineering Manager to ensure accuracy for all orders can be maintained.
- Lead all activities necessary during a shift to manage machine operation, product integrity and compliance to standards.
- Troubleshoot and correct production or mechanical issues on the floor. Follow escalation matrix as needed.
- Always promote and ensure a safe work environment.
- Review and mentor staff according to company objectives and production goals.
- Monitor injection molding machines and ensure parts satisfy quality specifications.
- Inspect parts for quality defects.
- Track feedback on quality findings and report processing problems to appropriate personnel.
- Meet all quality, quantity, and Good Manufacturing Practices to satisfy the customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper operation of measurement scales to determine machine production.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas to ensure efficiency and no safety hazards.
- Review paperwork for proper documentation to comply with procedures.
- Reinforce outlined procedures, safety guidelines, quality and cost standards are met to maintain the company's mission and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in a plastic injection molding facility preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required (minimum of 3 years).
- Able to communicate effectively and mentor/lead others in a positive manner.
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Able to communicate and understand expectations for not only the supervisor role but that of the team members to be supervised
- Able to work independently
- Able to react to issues and escalate issues to management as needed
- Must be proficient at record-keeping and documenting
- Must understand MIOSHA guidelines and how they apply to the shop floor operations
- Commensurate with experience
- Shift Premiums: 10% Weekday Night Shift, 20% Weekend Shift
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Weekend Shift: 5pm-5:20 am Friday-Sunday (Overtime is set for any time over 8 hours per shift at 1.5 X base rate, plus shift premium)