Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Job SummaryDirects and supervises plant personnel and provides direction in operations area to produce the best quality product possible, at the least cost standards. Coordinates the availability of raw materials; ensures the functioning of production machinery is adequate to meet production demands. Develops, trains and schedules necessary personnel to meet all production demands. Partners with HR for personnel issues, including interviews, hiring, evaluations, corrective counseling, and further training as required.Position Responsibilities
- Responsible for food safety and quality.
- Supervises production line supervision to ensure product is produced according to Company specifications and meet production, usage, and labor objectives.
- Allocates labor to meet or exceed Company standards.
- Oversees the overall cleanliness of the plant production areas.
- Assures compliance of OSHA regulations and corporate policies.
- Responsible for assuring work force is properly trained in job requirements.
- Ensures flow of critical information to all levels and shifts of plant management.
- Monitors correct ingredient usage at plant standards while maintaining quality objectives.
- Coordinate production requirements with maintenance and engineering to ensure plant objectives are obtained.
- Promotes continuous improvement in production process to improve safety, cost effectiveness, and product quality.
- Maintains a safe work environment for all employees.
- Assures safety awareness and training is provided by front-line supervisors.
- Supports safety programs.
- Reports ingredient usage and labor figures for proper costing and recall requirements.
- Shares key metrics with front-line supervisors to promote continuous improvement.
- Interfaces with Human Resources.
- B. S. degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Biology, Industrial Management, or related field from a four-year college or university
- Four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the food industry;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical RequirementsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra BrandsÂ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.