3rd Shift, 10pm-6:30am, Mon-Friday! Direct Hire! Benefits Eligible! Essential Business!
This position is responsible for all types of Quality Assurance inspection, testing, and process auditing to ensure all products received or produced conforms to specifications, standards, and customer requirements.
- Plans and completes inspections and testing assignments of products/components while coordinating with overall Quality Assurance team schedules, availability of test equipment, and available facilities to meet Production Department schedules.
- Performs all types of inspection and testing to ensure only materials meeting established specifications are accepted and processed into Operation's supply chain.
- Develops and performs specialized tests as requested by Quality, Production, or Engineering personnel.
- Initiates and completes nonconforming material 'hold' tag process within Quality Management System.
- Assists Quality Engineers with investigation of manufacturing defects, identification of root-cause, and implementation of control mechanisms to prevent future reoccurrence of product defects.
- Assists with Quality, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel concerning supplier non-conformance of product. Assists with investigation and data collection to resolve supplier non-conformance issues.
- Documents product / component tests on formalized reports and distributes with Quality Engineers knowledge to persons requesting the information.
- Assists with approval agency in-plant sampling, routine inspections, and test activities (UL, FM, ISO, etc.).
- Supports the Quality Management System (QMS) through participation in the Internal Audit program, preventative action communications, and corrective action processes.
- Assists in maintenance of the QMS calibration program of inspection and/or test gauges for Production Department and Quality Assurance Department. Duties include responsibility that all gauges currently 'in-use' have been properly calibrated within calibration schedule deadlines and have documented traceability.
- Monitors housekeeping of Quality Assurance Lab and associated sample / test areas.
- Controls sample retention inventory and documentation associated with the QMS.
- Notifies the Quality Engineer(s) and the Director of Quality Assurance immediately of any problems or non-conformance issues which adversely affect product Quality.
- Operates, schedules, and maintains the Quality Assurance Lab equipment to support Production and other department requirements.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings for inspecting and measuring of product components, associated tooling, fixtures, and finished goods.
- Assembles samples and/or components on measuring table for gathering of measurements.
- Reviews sample submissions from suppliers and/or vendors for dimensional accuracy.
- Uses 'other' measuring equipment or devices as necessary to complete Quality Assurance record dimensional layouts.
- Designs and/or procures the necessary fixturing for measuring product / component samples.
- Develops documentation for presenting, reporting, maintaining, and archiving of measurement data.
- Compares and reports recorded measurements, component analysis, statistical data, and reports of samples to approved / current engineering drawing dimensions and tolerances. Distributes requested reports with Quality Assurance Engineer(s) knowledge to company personnel and answers associated questions if possible.
- Exhibits and promotes safe work practices.
- Is knowledgeable of ISO requirements that relate to this job description as described in the Quality Management System (QMS) manual and associated QMS procedures.
- Participates in defining and executing of corporate business plan goals and objectives.
- Participates, as required, with R&D product launches.
- Participates, as required, in support of site Engineering Change Notice (ECN) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
- Participates in the development of, and review of, Receiving Inspection documentation and process.
- Participates and gives input during regularly scheduled inter-departmental meetings.
- Participates in administrative-type duties as requested to support customer requests from a Quality Assurance concerning certifications, conformance, funding models, and agency approvals.
- Participates in yearly archiving tasks as defined by Quality Assurance procedures record retention schedules.
- Responsible for creating quality plans, new visual standards, and new work instructions associated with new product launch or revision of existing products.
- Responsible for entering critical data into Quality Assurance department databases and associated company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool.
- Participation, as given direction by QA Director, at 'other' corporate locations, fabrication facilities, distribution facilities, and/or test labs as necessary to support Quality Assurance goals and objectives.
- Assists Technical Services department with investigative activities associated with customer returns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to two years experience in 'receiving inspection' or 'quality testing' environment.
- One to two years of work experience with computers; AutoCAD drafting experience recommended, yet not required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience or training in ISO 9001 and internal auditing environment.
- Ability to learn statistical and capability methods to review supplier and internal information.
- Ability to perform geometric tolerance measuring and dimensioning tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate systematic problem solving skills.
- Ability to differentiate between 'symptoms of non-conformance' and 'root cause' of non-conformance.
- Ability to review data to identify trends, draw conclusions, and implement change.
- Certified Internal Auditor training recommended, yet not required.