When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer ~ Holland, MI to join our team in Holland MI - HQ!
As an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer ~ Holland, MI, you will:
Assist with strategic and tactical execution of all aspects and phases of New Product Introduction (NPI) programs, including Design for Manufacturing (DFM), manufacturing plans, training, documentation, tooling, capacity, test equipment, training, and compliance issues. Assist with development of manufacturing and test strategies, tooling requirements, and specifications for manufacturing and testing equipment, ensuring completion of detailed manufacturing plan that has been agreed upon by Manufacturing team for each finished product. Facilitate continuous improvements, using Haworth Manufacturing Systems (HMS) tools, within functional areas and throughout facility to improve processes, drive cycle time reduction, and automate where applicable. Assist with new equipment design, both internally and externally, to meet specific needs of product. Effectively participates in cross-functional teams to ensure DFM, quality, safety, cycle time, and other requirements are met. Assist with management of current production process improvement projects as required to meet requirements of project-specific goals. Generate capital requirements and cost budgets to support business plans and financial justifications.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Manufacturing/Industrial Technology with 6 years of engineering experience OR Master of Science in Engineering or Manufacturing/Industrial Technology with 4 years of engineering experience.
- If no degree, must have a minimum of 14 years of engineering experience.
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Lean manufacturing project experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative setting.
- 3 years of New Product Launch experience.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Experience working with upholstery fabric.
- Tool and die experience.
- Experience working with CNC machining equipment.
- Metal and panel bending experience.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Ability to work within mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at or (616)-393-1600.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: Upholstery, Industrial, Machinist, CNC, Manufacturing
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicantâ€™s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.