BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally
The Data Governance Senior Manager is a senior leader who bears responsibility on behalf of the organization to foster value creation by means of the organization s data assets and external data ecosystem. The associated responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall data collection and sharing strategy: what data matters, is it accurate, is it structured in a usable way and is it accessible.
- Working closely with business line leaders to map business processes to data points; and structuring reporting and analytics to accurately portray those business processes.
- Develop and own the operational model and processes supporting and strengthening the Firm s commitment in Master Data Management.
- Defining and overseeing the roadmap and investments needed in technology to successfully realize the above.
- Bachelor s degree, required; degree with a focus in Business administration, Computer science, Data Science, Information Science, preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of business experience, ideally in business management, financial or IT management, required.
- Broad business experience internally and within in a professional services environment and knowledge of revenue cycles, preferred
- Five (5) or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts, required.
- Demonstrable experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards. Data engineering experience, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in strategy and management consulting experience desirable, including process mapping, re-engineering and continuous improvement methodologies, preferred.
- Experience with enterprise level data visualization and analytics platforms (PowerBI, Tableau, etc), preferred
- Proficient in the use of Visio or similar modelling tools, required
- Experience utilizing Master Data Management governance tools and platforms, preferred
- General knowledge of large-enterprise level data modelling products and suites, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at a senior level to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated leadership; proven track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions.
- Proven data literacy The ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate among the languages used by all stakeholders.
- Information strategy experience Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance.
- Analytical skills Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Experience and confidence to develop a framework for data governance, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain data concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists. The candidate should be able to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels, including the board and investors.
- Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, build teams and consensus, get things done through others not directly under his/her supervision, and work ethically and with integrity.
- Ability to work beyond standard business hours and travel, as needed
- Capacity to travel, on a limited basis, in support of stated goals and/or for firm sponsored trainings and conferences
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Employer's Job# 18530BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.