How you will change lives…
The Rehabilitation Technician assists in the following areas of personal care and development:
- Monitors and ensures safety 24/7; this may be eyes-on, one-on-one, 15 or 30 minute checks, etc.
- Supports in crisis prevention, intervention, and resolution.
- Establishes collaborative relationships built on trust and empathy through consistent and meaningful communication.
- Fosters a spirit of partnership with clients, the community, and other professionals.
Activities and Daily Living
- Helps build effective skills for problem-solving, communication, and independence.
- Assists clients in identifying and/or participating in social and leisure interests such as transporting/escorting to stores, concerts, movies, and in-house social events (games, barbeques, etc.)
- Supports clients with Activities of Daily Living, including but not limited to: getting to and from places, cooking, dressing and undressing, bathing and showering, combing hair, trimming nails, restroom assistance.
- Aids clients with bowel and bladder programs, feeding (G-tubes), wound care, and transfers.
- Monitors vitals for any medical conditions or illnesses.
- Promotes positive behavior.
- Attends medical appointments and ensures accurate information is relayed between medical provider and care team.
- Understands, reads, and assists in the implementation of medical, behavioral, and/or clinical team care plans and provides accurate, timely, and descriptive documentation of such.
- Connects clients with opportunities in their community to develop relationships with others.
- Supports employment, educational, and volunteer interests and goals.