OCEANA COUNTY COUNCIL ON AGING
POSITION TITLE: General Maintenance/Daily Facility Infrastructure Caretaker. This is a non-exempt position for purposes of Fair Labor Standards Act
POSITION REPORTS TO: Administrative management
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide maintenance services for Oceana County Council on Aging facilities in Hart, Michigan.
MAJOR JOB SEGMENTS:
- Perform minor facility repairs and upkeep, including but not limited to doors, locks, walls, floors, windows, lighting.
- Minor installation services, ex. Shelving, appliances, assembly.
- Mowing, grounds maintenance,weeding, snow and ice removal.
- Identify areas requiring preventative maintenance, ex. requiring minor adjustment or replacement.
- Set up scheduling of facility, equipment maintenance (irrigation, furnace filters, refrigerators and freezers, stoves)
- Maintain an information book on all facility systems and a list of contacts for repair.
Prepare weekly check lists for maintenance completed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by administrative management.
- Background and aptitude for maintenance services.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems or willingness to learn.
- Basic knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment or willingness to learn.
- Understanding the service nature of the position and ability to work with staff.
- Reliability in attendance and timely project completion.
- Physically able to perform duties.
This is categorized as a part time B position allowing for up to 19 hours per week. There are no benefits associated with a part time B position. The hourly rate is $12.00 - $15.00.