Position Summary Information
Basic Function: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting in the operational activities in all areas of the agency and works directly with the Executive Director Your basic function will be to complete all tasks required to manage: donor database, communication to all agency stakeholders, agency reports, online vendor payments, portions of the agency website, annual fund drive (assist), shared drive file system, office and some food ordering. You will be an important team player in social media messaging, annual dinner auction fundraiser, food drives. Applicant must have a team spirit, works well with others and willing to help as needed to complete important agency tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage donor database including preparation and distribution of acknowledgments for gifts received, process gifts, report production. Continuous review for data integrity.
- Assist in the coordination of Board meetings including the collection and distribution of board materials, room arrangements, etc.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of annual appeal letter. Creation of target list from donor database, assisting director with creation of letter, merging list with letter, organize letters for team signatures, managing compilation and mailing of letters with help from volunteers.
- Create and distribute monthly emails to donors and clients using Constant Contact.
- Manage electronic event software used for annual dinner auction using OneCause Software. Offer technical skills as needed to team members. Attend event to handle processing of attendee’s purchases & receipts.
- Create agency newsletter using Publisher both printed and electronic and coordinate volunteers to complete and process for mailing. Manage printing of over 1500 newsletters from Kyocera Printer.
- Maintain and update all social media including company Facebook page & Website.
- Maintain all volunteers files, handbook and responsible for scheduling receptionist and special event/tasks volunteers
- Answering incoming telephone calls and takes messages or to direct calls appropriately. Responsible for maintaining Telephone messaging.
- Maintain shared files and documents.
- Lead small scale projects as assigned.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with administrative trends, practices, and productivity tools.
- Participates and attends company-wide and departmental meetings as required.
- Ordering office equipment, supplies.
Key Success Factors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a professional demeanor while working with a high volume of contacts and a diverse range of stakeholders, including donors, board members, business and community leaders, and clients that are served.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and pay attention to detail when faced with interruptions and changing deadlines.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion in your interactions with others.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Database and records management.
- Comfort and flexibility with technology. Must be able to learn new software through online videos, self-training and resourcefulness with software tech support.
- Take ownership and professional pride for all tasks you are responsible for.
- Work as an effective team member in an open office setting.
- Loyalty and demonstrated Personal Integrity.
- A positive attitude.
- 3+ years’ experience in an administrative office role.
- Preferred experience with donor database management.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree and experience in the nonprofit field is a plus.
- Well organized, project management experience
- Analyze and develop projects through to completion.
- Strong computer skills and use of software applications.
- Must be able to work as a vital team player to accomplish important agency tasks.
- Provide references (professional and personal)