Performs daily operations which could include: Mold machine operation, assembly of blinds, assembly of insulated glass, final packaging of door glass, pulling various components from the supermarkets. Responsible for continuous improvement of operations by submitting and supporting improvement ideas relative to safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed, required protective equipment used, and checklists are completed on a daily basis.
- Follows standard work and work breakdown instructions to manufacture parts that meet quality standards while maintaining cycle time standards.
- Performs other value add activities such as assembly of parts, tapes, adhesives, testing, fasteners and or pick and deliver components and materials per the standard work instructions.
- Inspects parts to ensure they meet quality standards and that components and finished goods match label descriptions.
- Responsible to communicate best practices or potential concerns to the next shift's team members on a daily basis.
- Packages parts according to packaging standards in the proper orientation and count.
- Rotates and changes work centers using the time clock on a as needed or daily basis.
- Keeps work station clean and organized and according to 5S standards.
- Builds cartons, lids, and other packaging for the work stations. Assists with the movement of materials into and out of work area as needed.
- Performs other tasks such as rework, special projects, and continuous improvement projects, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
- Strives to discover ways to improve the safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the operation and submits ideas to the supervisor.
- Flexes to other departments and positions as schedules and customer needs change.
- Attains the skill and knowledge through cross training to work in three different manufacturing job functions at rate.
- Build cartons and lids as required by the manufacturing schedule.
- Supports improvements and changes.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.