Under the direction and supervision of a Pharmacist, performs a variety of functions related to preparation, storage and distribution of medication within the health system. The student will perform higher levels of professional support as they advance through pharmacy school. Embraces the goals/objectives encompassing Pharmaceutical activities for the Beaumont Healthcare System. Promotes team efforts to manage and achieve departmental/corporate objectives. Demonstrates good judgment and decisiveness throughout daily activities and personal commitment to professional growth.
- Perform pharmacy technician/operational tasks as assigned
- Under the direction of a Pharmacist, assists with preparation, formulation and distribution of medication providing efficient, quality and safe pharmaceutical services.
- Fills medication orders including oral, injectable and topical medications and intravenous admixtures.
- Assists in the bulk manufacturing of special pharmaceutical products
- Prepares and distributes medications to appropriate locations
- Inventories and restocks shelves in immediate work area, checks for outdated drugs.
- Performs necessary record keeping functions.
- Performs customer service functions and responds to requests appropriately.
- Maintains the work area in a safe, orderly manner.
- Maintains standards in USP Chapter <795> <797> when preparing (if trained in this area), transporting, receiving or handling non-sterile and sterile compounded products when applicable.
- Progression of responsibilities may include: Communicate with physicians, nursing and other ancillary staff regarding patient care, assist in answering drug information questions, counsel patients and families about medications under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Provide excellent Customer Service by participating in Patient and Family Centered Care initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Fulfilling requirements towards a Pharm.D. degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- Work Experience:
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
Pharmacy Intern License required by the State of Michigan.
- Other Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must possess math skills which allow for basic pharmaceutical calculations.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be an efficient and accurate worker who can function in an environment subject to fluctuations in workload.
- Must be able to operate under stress, communicate effectively both face to face and via telephone and cooperate with others.
direction and supervision of a Pharmacist, performs a variety of functions
related to preparation, storage and distribution of medication within the
health system. The
student will perform higher levels of professional support as they advance
through pharmacy school. Embraces the goals/objectives encompassing
Pharmaceutical activities for the Beaumont Healthcare System. Promotes team efforts to manage and achieve
Demonstrates good judgment and decisiveness throughout daily activities
and personal commitment to professional growth.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.