Express Employment Professionals of Brighton/Howell is searching for an experienced and professional Accountant to fill a Direct-Hire position with a fully integrated CPA firm located in Troy. This is a long-term career opportunity with an organization offering stability and growth in a positive, team-oriented, and friendly work environment.
Schedule: 8:30pm – 5:00pm / Monday – Friday (overtime during busy season and special projects)
Starting Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 (Depending on Experience)
About the CPA Firm:
We offer accounting, tax, consulting, audit, and advisory services to clients throughout the Metro-Detroit area. Our goal is to help our clients achieve their financial goals through their understanding of complex accounting and tax issues, maximizing cash flow and minimizing their tax liabilities.
The Accountant is responsible for general accounting procedures. The ideal candidate will have experience in the monthly close process, budgeting, advisory services, and corporate tax.
- Ensure business transactions are reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Prepare periodic financial statements
- Work closely with team members to assist with month-end and year-end close process
- Assist with annual attest procedures, including analyzing financial statements
- Communicate effectively with clients and team-members
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BA) in Accounting
- Experience in QuickBooks and Tax Preparation
- Experience with UltraTax CS, FileCabnet CS/Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting software
- Proficient computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
- Ability to prioritize, show initiative and multi-task
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Must be self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work effectively within a team setting
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary to accommodate periods of high-volume workload
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and documentation capabilities
- Excellent communication skills required – verbal and written.
APPLY TODAY! WE ARE HIRING NOW! Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jessica at 517-546-5627 to discuss additional details.