Enforce all initiatives given, oversee production responsibilities and provide service to guests and Team Members in a professional, efficient and courteous manner while maintaining a clean, attractive environment in accordance with all Company standards, policies and procedures.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
One (1) year of culinary experience required, two (2) years preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to obtain all necessary work cards, including, but not limited to a Health Card.
- Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures as well as “Unsurpassed Service” practices.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must demonstrate sound judgement and mature decision-making.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s “Unsurpassed Service” standards at all times.
- Maintains Gun Lake Casino’s “Look your best” personal grooming and uniform standards pursuant to the Company’s policies.
- Know where the MSDS booklet is located for your area.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Handle any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
- Follow set schedules and specific job duties.
- Treat each Team Member with care, dignity, fairness and respect in an “Unsurpassed Service” manner.
- Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers and keep them abreast of all department activities.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the Room Chef.
- Attend daily Team Member Huddles and look at the communication boards for pertinent information.
- Follow Recipe Book and Guidelines and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for “Unsurpassed Guest Service”.
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies.
- Ensure that kitchens and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify a supervisor immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good working order.
- Possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment, including those involving a three-meal period and high volume production, with the majority of production being cutting vegetables and setting up trays.
- Possess the ability to follow recipes and directions as determined by management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk frequently bend or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
- Requires normal sense of smell, taste, and touch.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs., push 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, in/out of walk-ins of –10 degrees to 140 degrees with or without assistance.
Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain second-hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a sitting or non-sitting position. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
EMPLOYER BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Full-Time Insurance Benefits Include:
- FREE Medical
- FREE Dental and Vision
- FREE Teledoc Access
- FREE Long-Term Disability
- FREE Basic Life Insurance
Part-Time Insurance Benefits Include:
All Team Member are eligible for:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Break Periods
- FREE Shift Meals
- FREE Uniforms
- Company match 401K
Optional Benefits include:
- Flexible spending account for medical reimbursement and dependent care
- Short-term Disability
- Additional life insurance for you, your spouse and your children
- Hospitalization Insurance