- Process payer rejections and outstanding claim reports to manage accounts receivable on a weekly basis.
- Run reports and review accounts according to payer guidelines.
- Communicate tactfully with patients regarding bills by telephone, mail, and in person.
- Utilize the collection agency as stated in agency policy
- Post insurance and patient payments as needed
- Understand and adhere to Cherry Health’s compliance standards as they appear in Cherry Health’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Cherry Health’s regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified
- Ability to read and write at a high school level
- Ability to perform or willingness to learn computer-based tasks
- Ability to deal with the public, colleagues, and professional staff in a courteous, pleasant manner
- Process patient balances according to Cherry Health policies and procedures
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of health insurance policies and payer guidelines
- Bilingual skills may be helpful
- Other duties as assigned
We are accepting applications for this position until July 15, 2020 or until the position is filled.
Our policy is to offer all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected category.