Fifth Wheel Freight has perpetually received acknowledgment by national publications since its 2013 founding due to its sustained business growth and exceptional company culture. Inc. Magazine named FWF as one of America’s fastest-growing businesses in 2020 for the fourth consecutive year while Women in Trucking named FWF a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2019. FWF has continued to earn prestigious recognition in 2020 as they were named to the inaugural Inc. Magazine Series Midwest list while also being named a Top Freight Brokerage Firm by Transport Topics for the second consecutive year.
FWF is a third-party logistics and transportation provider (3PL) headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI. FWF is focused on providing full-service logistics solutions to its clients through industry-leading service and reliability. Advanced technology and innovation allow FWF to offer complete logistics solutions to its clients through three distinct service features: 1.) Dedicated representatives 2.) Automated TMS implementation 3.) Managed freight teams. As a 3PL, FWF has the unique ability to offer less than truckload (LTL) and full truckload (TL) shipping, intermodal, drayage, domestic and international ground/air freight services to its clients.
FWF is continuing to hire for future start dates at our Grand Rapids, MI headquarters as we remain an essential business. During the COVID-19 outbreak, FWF will be conducting virtual interviews throughout our hiring process as we ensure the health and safety of our team, future employees, and their family members remain our highest priority.
Carrier Procurement Representative
The Carrier Procurement Representative will work with their assigned procurement team to expand the FWF carrier network. This position will report directly to the Project Manager on a daily basis and will be responsible for negotiating carrier rates, building relationships, onboarding new carriers, carrier compliance, database tracking, and pairing carriers with FWF common lanes and shipments among other tasks as assigned.
- Passion to grow your career
- Highly collaborative team player
- Confidence to communicate effectively over the phone
- Hard worker with great problem-solving skills
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships
- Provide exceptional service to our carriers
- Onboard new carriers through thorough effective communication
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date carrier records
- Hold a general understanding of markets including seasonal freight
- Hold a general understanding of targeted capacity including POC’s, common lanes, and common trailer types
- Collaborate with procurement and sales teams to secure carriers as assigned
- Maintain carrier information in an internal database including location, equipment type, and availability
- Vet all carriers thoroughly prior to onboarding with FWF
Fifth Wheel Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact our recruiting team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org